Seven Central Coast seniors who help to make their communities an inspiring place to live have been acknowledged with a NSW Seniors Festival Local Achievement Award.
Each senior received their accolade at a Thank You Morning Tea, hosted today by Parliamentary Secretary for the Central Coast and Member for Terrigal Adam Crouch.
“I want to congratulate and thank each of the seven recipients for their lifelong contributions, remarkable skills and extensive knowledge which continues to benefit the Central Coast community,” Mr Crouch said.
“Each recipient of a Local Achievement Award was carefully selected from a list of high-calibre nominees, and highlight the diverse ways seniors support their families and the wider community.”
The seven Local Achievement Award recipients are:
– Donald Anderson – volunteers at a number of community events and as a Rural Fire Service member,
– Hazel Atkinson – provides transport for elderly people to and from doctors’ appointments,
– Ray Crawley – coordinates all Men’s Sheds on the Central Coast,
– Sydney Fabri – helps other seniors ‘get online’,
– Eric Flood – visits, supports and cares for widows and children of deceased Veterans,
– Jennifer Hartich – performs a variety of acts of kindness towards animals, the environment and community members, and
– John Quigley – maintains gardens for less mobile seniors.
The Local Achievement Awards are one of many events and celebrations taking place across the State in this year’s NSW Seniors Festival.
Minister for Seniors Geoff Lee said the Festival and Awards highlight the important role seniors play in the community.
“This annual Festival is about celebrating the positive impact of older people in our families and society,” Dr Lee said.
“NSW has an ageing population and our vision is to create a State where residents experience the benefits of living longer, while being able to contribute, be included and actively participate in their communities.”
For more information, go to: www.seniorsfestival.nsw.gov.au.
Do you want Central Coast Chronicle to cover your event? Contact us here