Bahamas Independence Day
• Lady Godiva rides naked on horseback through Coventry, according to legend, to force her husband, the Earl of Mercia, to lower taxes (1040)
• the beginning of the Battle of Britain during WWII (1940)
• the Rolling Stones scoring their 1st US #1 single (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction (1965)
• the swearing-in of Boris Yeltsin as the first elected President of the Russian Federation (1991)
• the release of Coldplay’s debut album Parachutes (2000)
• British tabloid News of the World published its last edition after 168 years in the wake of a phone-hacking scandal (2011)
Adopt a cat day:
Owning a cat is a great experience as they are excellent companions. However, although cats are often independent and seem quite self-sufficient, it is important to remember that they do require lots of care and affection from their people.
Before you adopt a cat please ensure that you have thought carefully about the responsibility of cat ownership.
Please visit the RSPCA to see all of the cats and kittens that we have available for adoption. All adult cats receive a behaviour assessment, and our staff will be able to offer advice on the particular cat that you have chosen.
It is important to note any recommendations that staff make in regard to a particular cats’ suitability to different home environments, such as those with small children and/or other resident cats.
Our cats have been colour coded using our “Find Your Feline Friend” system to give you an indication of the family type that will suit them best. Above all else, our interest is in the welfare of the cat and making sure that they find a ‘forever home’.